This is a provisional roadmap for what we'd like to do in the coming releases.
- Split the
igniteCLI into a client-server model (using e.g.
- The CLI should only be a thin wrapper that talks to
- With this
ignitecan be run without root
ignitedwill be run with
rootprivileges, or in a container with capabilities specifically set
- Provide deb/rpm packages for an easier installation
- Add Virtual Kubelet support to
ignitedwill register as a Virtual Kubelet in the target Kubernetes cluster
VMAPI type will be register as a
- Use device-mapper Thin Provisioning for layering image -> kernel -> resize -> writable overlay
- We might be able to utilize/vendor in containerd's devicemapper snapshotter
- Define what's in and out of scope for Ignite clearly, e.g.
- Supporting to restart VMs or not
- Supporting multiple network interfaces or not
- Create one architecture diagram more and a design document
- Parallelized internal architecture for better performance
- Generate OpenAPI documentation and specifications
- Add support for CSI volumes